Richmond Farm, Richmond, MA is a property we created a master plan for in 2010 for the owners. From the MPlan a number of projects have been implemented in collaboration with the owners Ken & Cathy including:
- Total new hardscape and gardens around the former farmhouse (that had been converted to a 2-apartment house).
- Restoration of the former milk house into a one-car garage.
- Pictured: Elliptical driveway lined with Pink Diamond Tree Hydrangeas. This is the view from the kitchen and dining room.
- Swimming pool and pool house tucked at the top of the property.
- Scissor Step (video) garden (see Berkshire Edge article link about this amazing garden
If you have not done this, visit Mt Greylock Reservation in Adams, MA. It is a short drive up Route 7 thru Pittsfield then Lanesboro to the highest mountain in Massachusetts at 3,491 feet.
The War Memorial Tower is like a small light house and you can climb within it. Different levels of hiking trails to walk. Bascom Lodge serves great food and drink and has restrooms. They also have rustic rooms to rent for overnight stays.
We have done this a few times (most recently with all our boys, one-girlfriend & our two chihuahuas) and the sunsets-sunrises-stars are be amazing to watch from here.
August is the time for:
- Hey, would you like a swimming pool for next summer? Time to explore having a master plan created that locates this and any other features you are thinking of adding.
- Keep your journal going.
- Get in those last long summer nights with friends and family.
Please contact Craig Okerstrom-Lang, ASLA, RLA for a consult at 413-329-6165