Master Plan for new modern second home on 80 acres in Columbia County, NY for a family of 5 with many friends…
- Focus was on the immediate house and how to insert a large-family pool near the house with a southern exposure.
- Extensive grading required to create a level landing for the pool and a 60′ x 120′ play lawn next to the pool. A 12′ cut in grade was required. Excess material was used on site to create a new upper sports field and soften the slope of the septic field.
- Complicated underground utilities. Had to relocate ALL existing underground utilities to complete the grading and pool/play lawn construction.
Cool stone amphitheater (3 level, fire pit, bean pit) oriented to a fantastic east view and the open sky.
- Hot tub (similar to these hot tubs for sale)
- Perimeter pool fence using 4×4 PT posts and black coated sheep fence (meets NY pool code). Some of the fencing will be planted on both sides with ornamental grass masses. Most of the fence will be seeded on each side with Little Bluestem, which is a native prairie grass, 4′ tall. So the look will be swaying grasses of varying heights. NO other landscaping – clean simple.
Okerstrom Lang Ltd is the Construction Manager for the projects and we have an intense set of deadlines that started in October 2015 with the ground breaking.
We obtained competitive bids for every aspect of the project for our clients review and approval. They are paying the contractors directly.
So far we seem to be on schedule with all projects scheduled for completion and use by Memorial Day 2016!