July is when all our favorite summer entertainment opens:
- Jacob’s Pillow
- Berkshire Theatre Festival
- Barrington Stage
- Mahaiwe Theater
- Williamstown Theater Festival
Time to schedule dates with your friends and family and take a picnic to Tanglewood and enjoy one of the most beautiful public campuses around.
My favorite places at Tanglewood include (we always use the Lion’s Gate entrance):
- Pre-concert picnics and sippin’ at the south lawn, which has a special view of Stockbridge Bowl and the Berkshire Mountains. Great play lawn for kids also.
- Don’t miss the Hemlock maze off the south lawn.
- The great lawn to listen to concerts (and watch on the huge screens).
- Sejiwa Ozawa Hall lawn for a more intimate setting. Unbelievable acoustics if you sit inside by William Rawn, Architect and his Team.
July is the time for:
- Have you been hand-watering your lawn and garden? Maybe its time to price out an irrigation system. I have had one for 22 years and has worked really well with just minor repairs.
- You can even get the irrigation system to water any containers.
- Keep your journal going with notes about what plants you like (and don’t like), features you want to add, etc. Do this on your phone, pad or an actual hand-written journal.
- Sit in your garden, with your favorite drink, and enjoy the view.
Please contact Craig Okerstrom-Lang, ASLA, RLA for a consult at 413-329-6165