Total transformation of house backyard space per Master Plan by Okerstrom Lang Ltd.
Clients wanted a large, outdoor entertainment space that connected to the existing swimming pool. They saw Bonnie & Clydes Pools and Spas and wanted something similar but still wanted a big enough space to entertain a lot of guests at once. If they wanted a large entertainment space, they could’ve had the option to take the swimming pool out and use the area to expand on. However, they were adamant about keeping the pool despite the maintenance and cleaning of one that is essential to its upkeep; they must hire a cleaning service company like Executive Blue Pools to keep it in good condition while not having to do any work!
The existing house is sited to face west with dramatic views of the distant Catskill Mountains.
Our clients asked for different outdoor spaces to be created by adding new decks from a similar service to this Custom Deck Builder to connect the hot tub and new screen porch, and wanted accessories like cupola n more to be used to improve existing structures.
The landscape beds are filled with Karly Rose Dwarf Ornamental grasses to create a “swaying landscape” taking advantage of the contrast prevailing winds from the NW and Catskill Mountains.
DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION TEAM
The following local companies and individuals were involved with the Catskill View Project design & construction:
Master Planning, Design, Bidding, Construction Management:
Okerstrom Lang Ltd, Landscape Architects
Screen Porch & Deck Design Consultant:
Green River Design, David Potter
- General Contractor: Fink Construction LLC
- Excavation, Grading: Stephen Harding Fine Landscapes LLC
- Landscape Installation: Stephen Harding Fine Landscapes LLC
- Terrace Masonry & Stone Steps: Mancini Pool Decks Inc
- Pool Fence: All American Fence
- Hot Tub: Teddy Bear Pools
- Construction Materials & Masonry Supply: Herrington’s, Inc
Deck Design & Construction:
- Replace 1,120 SF existing decking with composite decking material.
- Reinforce and replace main deck grade beam.
- New 310 SF deck for built in hot tub and under-support deck for tub.
- New 285 SF deck to connect new screen porch to deck.
- All decks and screen porch are on the same grade level overlooking the west backyard.
- Wood steps with custom handrails.
- All deck and screen porch footings are helical piers.
- Flush, bronze deck lights at critical corners due to deck height off finish grade does not require a railing.
Screen Porch Design & Construction
- Custom 400 SF screen porch connected to new door from kitchen.
- Flush walkout to main west decks.
- Cathedral ceiling, finished.
- Custom screen framing and screens and door.
- Interesting custom details for side walls, walls, ceiling.
- Rough cut, distressed Hemlock beams.
- Subtle illumination, both up and down with integrated switching system.
Mid Terrace Masonry
- Stamped concrete 375 SF terrace, ashlar pattern, with compass rose.
- Stamped concrete 265 SF pathways connecting deck steps to Mid Terrace and stone steps down to pool.
- Petite outdoor shower tucked into corner of house on deck.
- Low key pathway illumination to create “pools of light” along walkways and steps.
- Built in gas connections for BBQ and free standing fire place.
- Finished grading for lawns to blend with property and meadow to west.
- Swimming pool (liner) was entirely replaced as last project with new stamped concrete terrace surround.